ALPHA at EVERGREEN (2019 Fall Evening Session)
Dates & Times
Sep 17, 20196:30pm - 8:00pm
Sep 24, 20196:30pm - 8:00pm
Oct 1, 20196:30pm - 8:00pm
Oct 8, 20196:30pm - 8:00pm
Oct 15, 20196:30pm - 8:00pm
Oct 22, 20196:30pm - 8:00pm
Oct 29, 20196:30pm - 8:00pm
Nov 2, 20199:00am - 2:00pm
Nov 5, 20196:30pm - 8:00pm
Nov 12, 20196:30pm - 8:00pm
- Show allless
About ALPHA at EVERGREEN (2019 Fall Evening Session)
What is Alpha?
Alpha is a series of interactive sessions that freely explore the basics of the Christian faith.
Who is Alpha for?
Alpha really is for anyone who's curious. The talks are designed to encourage debate and explore the basics of the Christian faith in a friendly, honest and informal environment. You are free to discuss as much or as little as you want.
How does it work?
Alpha usually lasts for 11 weeks with a day or weekend away in the middle. Each session usually includes:
Food, Video, & Discussion
What the talks on the Alpha course cover?
Alpha guests explore Christianity in a relaxed, welcoming and engaging atmosphere. Each session explores a particular question:
- Week 1: Is There More to Life Than This?
- Week 2: Who is Jesus?
- Week 3: Why Did Jesus Die?
- Week 4: How Can I Have Faith?
- Week 5: Why and How Do I Pray?
- Week 6: Why and How Should I Read the Bible?
- Week 7: How Does God Guide Us?
- Refresh: Who is the Holy Spirit?, What does the Holy Spirit do?, How can I be filled with the Holy Spirit?, How can I make the most of the rest of my life?
- Week 8: Does God Heal Today?
- Week 9: What about the Church?